Jesus House, DC is a dynamic non-denominational, international church where praise is exuberant, prayer is steadfast, and the preaching is practical. JHDC believes it is strategically positioned to impact its multi-racial community with a glimpse of what Heaven will look like.
- To restore hope and maximize the potential in you.
- To spread God’s unconditional love which is available to the world through His Son Jesus Christ
- To prepare people from all nations for Christ’s return
- To equip believers in Christ to live abundantly and pleasing to God
GOD THE FATHER
Creator of Heaven and Earth, who made man in His own image and likeness.
The only begotten Son of God the Father.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
The comforter and teacher of all things who dwells within us, uniting us to Jesus Christ.
THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
That Jesus Christ died on the cross at Calvary for the sins of mankind. He rose from the Dead in His glorified body on the third day, and He ascended into heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God the Father.
THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST
Which was shed for us at Calvary. It cleanses us of all sin and grants us access into the presence of God.
Is a gift from God through grace and faith in Christ Jesus. That all who believe in the name of Jesus Christ may be saved by turning from sin to repentance and are born again by the Holy Spirit through trusting in His death and resurrection.
THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Is available to all who believe in Jesus Christ, and is evidenced by the gift of speaking in tongues.
By immersion in water as Jesus Christ was baptized.
Separation from the world unto God – a life of true holiness.
THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST
That Jesus Christ will come again to earth in glory and in power. Those dead in Christ will rise first and those alive in Christ will be in the presence of God for eternity.
THE HOLY BIBLE
Is the infallible and authoritative Word of God, given directly to all men and women for salvation.
That man was created in the image and likeness of God to be fruitful, to multiply, to replenish the earth, to subdue it, and to have dominion over it.
- Our life’s purpose is to be like Jesus Christ Our mission in life is to be like Christ. We seek to accomplish this by daily studying and applying the Word of God, consistent communication with Christ in prayer and worship. We aspire to live a life of holiness, modeling Christ character and purpose. Scripture references: Matt 18:2 -22; Phil 3:3, 10; Galatians 4:19
- We love people unconditionally Church is designed to be a love-filled environment, a place where people can come in and feel welcomed, loved and respected. We promote love in our midst by providing the right environment to share and experience the love of Christ. Our Cell Group Ministry is where people receive love, care and share fellowship with one another. It is also a place to grow spiritually amongst people with similar life experiences, giving them the opportunity to extend that same love to others. Scripture references: John 13:34; Romans 13:8; Gal 5:14; 1 Peter 1:22
- Lost people matter to God, therefore they matter to us We are a chosen and appointed people responding to the command of Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to go into the entire world sharing the forgiveness and love of God. We are called to show people how to discover and experience the unique nature of God’s love and forgiveness for themselves. Scripture references: Matt 28:18-20; Matt 18:12 -14; John 15:16; Luke 14:23
- We promote Unity in the Church Unity is our strength. We desire that unity be upheld in every facet of our Church. We work together with one vision and one purpose, submitting to God and the leadership of the Church. Scripture references: Psalm 133; Ephesians 4:3; John 17:21-22
- The strength of our society is based on the unity of the family The Christian family is the foundation of our Church. We are committed to providing an environment that encourages and strengthens the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. We promote raising godly children through Christian parenting principles where love prevails in the home according to the word of God. We encourage single adults to engage in holy and godly courtship leading to marriage. Marriage is for life and we do not subscribe to divorce. We encourage all families in our Church to grow and walk in the fear of God. Scripture references: Matt 19:5-6; Heb 13:4; Proverbs 22:6; 1 Corinthians 7
- Accountability to God and to one another. We are accountable to God and one another for our conduct. We value all resources (people, time, property, and money) entrusted to our care by God. We exhibit discipline and consistency in our walk with God and living by His Word. Scripture references: Philippians 4:8 Proverbs 10:9; Eph 5:15-16; Matt 24:45-46; 1 Corinthians 4:1
- The way to greatness is through service We follow Christ’s path to greatness by serving one another and our community. Our ministries provide an avenue for everyone to serve and impact our community for Christ by their actions and contributions. We encourage everybody to make themselves available for service. Scripture references: John 13:5-8; Matt 5:13; Matt 23:11; Luke 10:33-37
- Equipping people for daily living Jesus demonstrated the importance of equipping his followers through training for daily living and service to God. Likewise, we equip ourselves through constant training which covers life teachings and the doctrines of Christ such as Baptism and Repentance etc, The training we receive empowers us for daily living. Scripture references: Deuteronomy 4:5; Proverbs 4:4-7; John 8:2; Ephesians 4:14
- Excellence honors God and inspires people The excellence of God’s character and handwork is reflected on how we run our church. We strive to have every aspect of ministry done to the best of our ability. We are determined to continuously raise the standard of excellence in our worship and service to God. As such, we constantly measure, evaluate, and review our effectiveness in every area of ministry. We are committed to working together, using our unique gifts and abilities to accomplish what God has called us to do. Scripture Reference: Gen 1:26, 31; Heb. 11:4, Ephesians 4:16; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
- Creativity reflects God’s nature Every one has the creative ability of God within them and a unique purpose to fulfill on earth. As a Church we provide an environment that motivates and challenges people to develop, nurture and promote their God-given abilities. We challenge ourselves to think “out of the box” by continually reinventing ideas and programs so that we can be relevant to our generation. We ask the ‘Why’, ‘What’, ‘When’ and ‘How’ questions in whatever we do or promote as we refuse to be satisfied with the status quo. Scripture References: Genesis 1:1, 27; Psalm 19:1-3; Exodus 31:3-5
- Everyone deserves another chance We recognize that we are ALL forgiven people and we are not perfect. Therefore, we are committed in love and humility to restore people who have backslidden or fallen into sin; leading them back to Christ as they acknowledge their wrongs, confess their faults and amend their ways. We constantly emphasize that God hates sin. Scripture References: Galatians 6:1; Jude 1:22-23